[hylafax-users] Unable to Add Second Modem

Hello,

I am using faxaddmodem to add second modem. First and Second modems are of same make. faxaddmodem is detecting my modem and creating config file for the same without any errors. If I use faxmodem ttyS1 it is detecting the modem and showing it in faxstat also. But if I use faxmodem the fax queuing is getting affected as in if one fax job is already running and some one submits one more job the first job is stopped and second one is tried to be sent but that also fails with job blocked error. I want to use faxq and want both the modems to be configured. Please tell me how I achieve that. I did look for online documentation for the same but no luck. I have included following lines in inittab already -
mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1

Do I need to have an active phone line connected to the modem for it come in Running and Idle state? Because I can see the ttyS0 file created in var/spool/hylafax/status directory but I can not see ttyS1 there. How do I achieve this without using faxmodem command?

Thanks & Regards
Suraj Jadhav

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions