[hylafax-users] Clustering HylaFAX Servers

I've been looking for tips on how to cluster a pair of HylaFAX
servers we have
- servers are used for send-only
- each server uses 2 8-port Digi AccelePort RAS
- 16 lines ea. server (32 total)
- OS is Novell / SuSE SLES 8 with kernel 2.4.
- HylaFAX 4.2.5 from hylafax.org
- use heartbeat package from linux-ha.org provide a shared IP for
the cluster.

So far we've worked out how to compile HylaFAX so that I can
NFS-mount the SPOOL directory.  Locking is enabled and working.
Both servers are mounting the same SPOOL and use separate modem
configuration files.  hfaxd and faxq are running.

As a test I disabled modems on the server that owns the shared IP
("server1") and sent faxes.  The faxes are marked as
"W" (waiting) but aren't picked up by server2.    If, while the
modems are still disabled on server1, I restart hylafax (hfaxd
and faxq) on server2 then the faxes are processed by server2 and
sent.

I guess I expected (hoped) faxqueuer on server2 to automatically
pick up and send any jobs that couldn't be sent by server1.
That is "all" I want.

Suggestions please or alternative clustering tips?  I've looked
around quite a bit but maybe I've missed it.

Thank You,
Dave Leifer