[hylafax-users] Problems with modems

Hi,

This is my first post....

I´m have some problems with Hylafax and mail system.

The problem:

Some moments trying to send fax and I don´t have signal to transmit. I see the logs (/var/log/messages) and I have "runGetty:initgroups:Operation not Permitted" and some bad speed error.
 My distribution is Suse 9.3, and trying to find some solution about this problem I found messages about " Disable Adaptive Answer" and hylafax upgrade, but some risk occurs...

Well... but on modem config files don´t have nothing about "Adaptive Answer". I found a howto, but no solution.... This problem occurs on some fax receive, but I have 60% successful fax receive.

The question: What´s the problem? The external modem(hardware) or some magical config on modem config files?

Thanks a lot for some help.

/\
Gabriel Stein
gabrielfstein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: gabrielstein@xxxxxxxxxxx
Administrador de Redes -
Network Administrador
Linux User #223750
51-92796310
Porto Alegre - RS - Brasil

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail - 1GB de espaço, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions