Re: [hylafax-users] recovering failed jobs

Martin G.H. Minkler wrote:

Alohá!

Hallo!

The ISDN card was somehow jammed and I could see fax jobs qeued in /var/spool/hylafax/sendq so I tared those and rebooted.

As expected most jobs were deleted due to the expired killtime, so I unpacked my tarball into the spool dir and replaced the killtime with a valid value. Unfotunately now the corresponding documents from /docq seem to be missing, are those deleted upon job rejection? That would be a problem... *sigh*

You probably could have just rebooted and HylaFAX would have started processing the queues again upon restarting.

Is there a proper procedure to recover failed / expired / rejected jobs?

There is in hfaxd-speak, but there is no common tool for it. Phil Abercrombie had (1997) a perl tool circulating out there for a long time that did this. It's something that really just needs to get integrated into sendfax.