Re: [hylafax-users] dotted pattern using sendfax

On Monday 27 Mar 2006 13:56, Pietro Melideo <melideop@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> using sendfax the result on a traditional fax (fax machine) is a
> paper with the right content but
> with a a backgound pattern composed by dots.
>
> I suppose it's something related to the HiRes parameter or something
> else?

It could just be that your background is not perfectly white, just a light
colour  {which is being represented in mono by a pattern of dots}.  You will
have to load your original image into some graphics editor and see.

If this is indeed the problem, you might be able to do something fancy with
ImageMagick.

--
AJS