Re: [hylafax-users] How can i mass Fax to My customers

On Friday 24 Mar 2006 03:02, Charlie Chaklam wrote:
> hi,
>
>  Every first of the month i have to fax out a price list to my customers, i
> some one can please tell me if i can use a list is mysql or postgres and
> fax the same document to every one on that list.

Edit this and save it as /usr/bin/faxcusts:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use DBI;
die "Price list not found!" unless -e "/home/charlie/pricelist.ps";
$dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=stuff;host=localhost","root","");
$query = "SELECT fax FROM customers WHERE !(fax = '')";
$sth=$dbh->prepare($query);
$sth->execute;
while (($fax) = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
    $fax =~ s/\D//;
    `sendfax -n -d $fax /home/charlie/pricelist.ps`;
};
$sth->finish;
$dbh->disconnect;
exit;

And put this in some user's crontab:

30 4 1 * * /usr/bin/faxcusts

As long as /home/charlie/pricelist.ps exists, the faxes will be sent out to
every customer with a fax number in the `fax` field of `stuff`.`customers` at
04:30 on the first day of each month.  The sending script as given above
really needs fleshing out a bit, but you should get the idea .....

--
AJS