Re: [hylafax-users] How to change the # of rings before pickup

Thus wrote Charlie Chaklam:
> hi,

Hi,

>  i have a home bussiness and in the day i receive faxes on my fax machine in the day and also voice calls and at night i chage the number of rings on the hyla server to 1 so it can catch the faxes at night, i was wondering if it would be possible to attomaticlly cange the number on rings at night for example:  at 12:00 in the night it becomes to 1 ring before pickup and in the morning at 8:40 Am it becomes 6 rings, so i can pick it up.

You can alter configuration parameters with faxconfig command.

faxconfig -m modem RingsBeforeAnswer 6
faxconfig -m modem RingsBeforeAnswer 1

You can either write this commands manually (which is boring) or use cron
service to do it at specified hours. HylaFAX runs on UNIX-like systems, which
usually include cron facility to run commands periodically.

>  i know it sounds cheap and why not get an other like, but i am on the farm and my telco charges me alot of bucks for hauling an other line.

It's good as long as it does it's job. Who cares how it sounds.
--
tadeusz