Re: [hylafax-users] Bulk faxing with coverpages

Paul Smith wrote:

What happens if one of the numbers is busy or doesn't answer?

Well, that depends upon your configuration and the options you supply to sendfax. But by default they will be requeued for a later delivery time. If trouble continues, then that will repeat a few times, depending upon the configuration and the type of response the modem gives HylaFAX (busy, no carrier, no answer...).

I really can't find any information on hylafax bulk sending. Should I limit the batches to 100 or so? We now have a list of just over 1000 fax numbers.

You should be able to queue the entire set of 1000. I would strongly recommend, however, that you prioritize them as bulk with the sendfax "-p bulk" option. This will keep the destinations that are busy or not answering from slowing down the entire process.

Furthermore, if the number of available lines/channels isn't enough to get done with the 1000 in the default killtime (3 hours) then you should also use the sendfax "-k killtime" option.