Re: [hylafax-users] Debian upgrade from 4.2.2 - 4.2.5:

Thanks for this helpful reply. I forgot about the new (to me) "/etc/default" directory that Debian uses, apparently, for super configuration. The update saved the previous "hylafax" config file and replaced it with a new version. It appears to test whether you are using inittab or not to run faxgetty. This script is keeping ttyS0 and ttyS1 running, but not ttyS2.

There may have been a fight for a few minutes when I testing running ttyS2 from inittab yesterday. I've since turned that off again.

The result of probemodem is positive. It is chatting with the modem and the modem is chatting in return with lots of "OK" replies. Does this narrow things down to faxgetty?

Mark

>>> "Darren Nickerson" <darren.nickerson@xxxxxxxx> 3/8/2006 5:46 PM >>>

Is it possible you have a couple of different faxgettys fighting for the
modem? Do you only ever see one in the process table?

What if you run probemodem on ttyS2 when there are no faxgettys running
right after a cold boot of the server and a power-cycle of the modem? Can it
chat with the modem?

-Darren