Re: [hylafax-users] Debian upgrade from 4.2.2 - 4.2.5:

I have gotten some wedged reports during testing, but could clear them. No report of a wedged modem currently.

I'm confused about faxgetty. At one time I had my inittab configured to respawn faxgetty, but in a system update that was no longer necessary. As a test, I reconfigured inittab to spawn faxgetty and re-init'd. ttyS2 responded that it was initializing, but then registered (faxstat) as "Waiting for modem to come ready" once again.

Mark

Mark Gillingham wrote:

>faxstat reports that ttyS2 (the first Siig port) is "waiting for modem to come free"

Are you getting wedged modem reports?  Are you running faxgetty on ttyS2 ?