[hylafax-users] Pagechop does not chop pages

Hello,

I am using HylaFAX for several months now on my Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary) Linux server with AVM Fritz ISDN card (via CAPI4HYLAFAX). So far I am happy with it, as it runs stable.

But there is an issue I cannot get to a solution for it: For outgoing faxes I want to chop all pages, so that the receiving fax machine only prints out the filled part of the paper, not the complete DIN A4 page if there are whitespaces.

Following settings I have done to hyla.conf:
PageChop:               all
ChopThreshold:		1.0

I can see in the doneq logs that these settings are recognized, there are both settings applied:
pagechop:all
chopthreshold:1

But the receiver's fax still receives a complete DIN A4 paper although there is only the upper half of the paper filled with text.

I am using the sendfax command to send pdf files out. AFAIK Hylafax converts this internally to a TIF file to be able to send it out. My first thought was that the whitespaces within the PDF are not recognized. But sending out a prepared TIF file, the result (no pagechop) is the same.

Is anyone able to point me into the right direction and to find the problem here? I am using Hylafax version 4.2.0, the latest available with the Ubuntu 5.04 distribution.

Thanks,
Christian