[hylafax-users] re[2]: re[2]: add date and timestamp to e-mail notification

Giulio,
Wow, you're right.  We're using Goldmine, not Outlook, but there is an option to use date from mail header (which I have now done.)
AND, following Bodo's instructions, I was able to add `date` field into the subject and body of the e-mail, so today has definitely been a good day.
I really appreciate you guys helping me out.
Thanks,
Dave

> On 3/2/06, Dave Butcher <dbutcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The e-mail client shows the date the e-mail was read/completed, not the date it was sent by the hylafax server.  The sent date is visibile in a detailed e-mail header, but I'm trying to make it more useful by including it in the subject or body

Sorry, but then your email clienti is broken :-)

If this is outlook express, you can easily change it back to sane
defaults by selecting the appropriate date columns (it's
configurable).

All email clients I know show as date what's inside the "Date:" header.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx

<

DATE:      Fri, 3 Mar 2006 00:05:41 +0100

SUBJECT:   Re: [hylafax-users] re[2]: add date and timestamp to e-mail notification