[hylafax-users] re[2]: add date and timestamp to e-mail notification

Thanks Bodo,
Don't I have to define `date` first?  How do I do this?
If I just change the script as you suggest, it doesn't seem to work.  (I haven't found a specific error yet, but now I'm not receiving any confirmation e-mail...)
Cheers,
Dave

> Am 2006.03.02 03:22 schrieb(en) Dave Butcher:
> Hi all,
> We are running Hylafax 4.2.1 as a send-only system with e-mail
> confirmations (with pdf document) back to the sender.
> Is there any way to include a timestamp as part of the e-mail message
> so that it would read something like:
> Your facsimile job to 123-456-7890 was completed successully on 01
> Mar2006 at 16:41:23.

Hello Dave,

the date/time of the mail message is the time when the job has been
finished.

If you want this in the subject message body you could modify the
notify script to include
`date`
or
`date +<format_specification>`
in some text that will be written to the mail message.

examples:
putHeaders "$jobtag to $number completed on `date`"
echo " was completed successfully on `date '+%d %b %Y at %H:%M:%S'`."

Bodo

<

DATE:      Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:59:28 +0100

SUBJECT:   Re: [hylafax-users] add date and timestamp to e-mail notification