Re: [hylafax-users] USR 56k internal

Jeff Schulze wrote:

I am experiencing seamingly random issues with my USR 5601B modem:

Among them are:

T.30 T2 timeout, expected signal not received
Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier.
and
FAILURE TO RECIEVE SILENCE

As these can happen for "normal" reasons, I'd have to see the session logs to know what the chances are that the USR modem is culprit.

I have already inserted the "<delay:7>" into config.ttyS4, that seams to have stopped the silence error, but then the other 2 popped up. I realize this may be a problem with USR, and would like to know if upgrading to 4.2.5 would solve this, as I am still at 4.2.1. I have not upgraded because I have enough headaches already, and it WAS working under a Lucent Winmodem quite well.. i guess by moving to a controller based modem this actually made things worse.. (we moved to the USR because I could not, for the life of me, get the winmodem to work again after a system upgrade.)

Pretty much anything other than USR would have been better.