Re: [hylafax-users] time zone and scheduling

After further investigation, I have a clearer picture of what is happening.
I forgot to mention my specs first time.
Version: Hylafax 4.2.3-r1
OS : Gentoo Linux
Everything is working well except for the scheduling.
Clients tested: numerous, including one I wrote myself.
When I send the command JPARM SENDTIME 200602131650 the reply that I
get back is "213 SENDTIME set to 20060213185000"
My client and server are both set to +200 GMT.

It appears that the hylafax is translating the time I send as if I
sent from GMT and it adds 2 hours to it. Is the client supposed to
send GMT time, or local server time or is this configured somewhere?

The scheduler seems to be working on GMT time, though. If I want a fax
to be sent at 4:00 PM I have to schedule it for 12:00 PM, so the
server translates it to 2:00 PM and then at 4:00 PM on the server (or
2:00 PM GMT, the scheduler tries to send it.

Does anyone know if there is a config file that I am missing? Is this
a known bug?

I can work around this problem by changing the server to the GMT time
zone, while using the local time. So at 12:00 GMT, my server says
14:00 GMT. But both scheduling faxes and the scheduler are working in
sync. Obviously, I don't want to keep it that way so if there's a fix,
I would muchly appreciate it.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab
04-829-0145 - Office
04-832-5251 - Fax

The time zone on my workstation and on the server are the same.
However, whenever I send a job it translates it to GMT.

Is there a Hylafax setting that I have to change?

Also, is there something special that has to be run for the scheduler
to work, in general? I don't know if this is related to my other
issue, but when I use the scheduler, the jobs show up in the client
(with the wrong times) and then they are never sent.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab