Re: [hylafax-users] Notification of sent faxes.

"Erik P. Olsen" wrote:

> When I receive faxes I get an e-mail notification with the fax pages
> attached.
>
> Is it possible to get the same type of notification when faxes are being
> send?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Erik P. Olsen

if you want notifications for your sent faxes, you may edit the
shell script /var/spool/hylafax/etc/notify.
This script is called by the hylafax server after sending a fax.

There is a remark in this script, that tells you the parameters
the server passes to the script. The parameter msg will be empty
if the fax was sended properly and there was no problem. Otherwise
the server passes some descriptive text in this parameter.

The exact implementation of the script depends on your version of
hylafax as it has been changed several times.

What I did to get these notifications is
- patched sendfax to copy the tif-file to be sending to some
  temporary file (save it as /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/lastSendFax)
  by moving the original sendfax to (e.g.) my_sendfax
  and write a short script sendfax that copies the tif-file and
  then calls my_sendfax
- edit the notify script so that it attaches the previously copied
  tif file to the mail when there was no problem
  and remove lastSendFax after mailing it to the user.

However, this approach may fail if the users send several faxes
at a single time (although it didn't failed yet).

Maybe someone else has a better way to do the same...

Otherwise I hope this helps.
Kilian