Re: [hylafax-users] Receiving empty white pages

Anton Karpov wrote:

Being, hmm.. , a perfectionist , I wonder - is there any way to set up Hylafax to convert from JBIG to normal TIFF format ( no compression ).

Internally HylaFAX does not convert image data that it receives with ECM. In other words, RecvDataFormat (which is the feature you're discussing) is not applied to ECM-received faxes. Now, maybe it should be, but it isn't.

The easiest thing to do, in order to retain JBIG fax features, would be to patch your libtiff for JBIG support. See:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/install.php#ss2.5

Little be more info on a problem , while receiving JBIG compressed images on email from Hylafax I had this strange message

Does not look like a facsimile?

This happens because your libtiff version isn't storing the FaxDCS TIFF tag. This was a feature that was added to libtiff in 3.7.2, I think.