Re: [hylafax-users] Problem LOCKWAIT

Hi,

Lee: Thank you for your rapid answer!

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem:
I still have a STATE CHANGE alternating from RUNNING to LOCKWAIT
and back to RUNNING and so on and cannot send any fax.

In /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache there is:
UUCP_LOCKDIR='/var/spool/lock'
UUCP_LOCKTYPE='ascii'

While trying to send a fax, I have exactly three processes
for hylafax running permanently:
# ps ax | grep -i fax
43004  ??  Ss     0:00.13 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
43006  ??  Is     0:00.05 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
81800  ??  S      0:00.05 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty cuaa1

There is a lockfile /var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaa1 containing the pid of
my faxgetty:

# cat /var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaa1
     81800

This lockfile exists only for about 30 seconds (while faxgetty
talking to the modem). Then it is removed again.

It doesn't seem that there are two faxgettys, as I can see only one
(both in the logs and in the output of ps).

Have you got any idea why a sole faxgetty is doing this,
especially on a machine where hylafax was already able
to send and receive some faxes ?

Regards