Re: [hylafax-users] Query: any newbie's guide to installing HylaFAX on Ubuntu 5.10?

Tonyo Cruz wrote:

As per linmodems scanmodem check, this is my modem's basic info:

Class 0703: 1039:7013 Modem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] AC'97
Modem Controller (rev a0) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
SubSystem 1019:b713 Elitegroup Computer Systems:

has a SIL22 SmartLink codec

HERE'S THE QUERY: With this information provided here, could someone
help me install HylaFAX on my Ubuntu notebook?

Do you have a modem driver installed for this? Does it give you a device (tty) interface?