Re: [hylafax-users] faxing multiple documents using sendfax & STDIN

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Ross McKerchar <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [060118 10:48]:
If you want sendfax to read STDIN, you *need* to have it be a single
document.  One think you could try is using something like psmerge (or
code like it - it's in perl) to "merge" the multiple documents into one
PS document.  But it's not guaranteed to work,the documents have to
have similar structure, etc.

OK, thanks for the confirmation - I might look into psmerge....
For a bit of background, this is part of a wider setup I have spent a fair bit of time on which performs faxing of MS Office documents via an email gateway. Once I get it all setup I'll post a wee howto as I'm aware this is an often requested feature.

What is this application written in? It may be just as easy to hand the
documents of to HylaFAX (hfaxd) directly instead of invoking sendfax.
Perl's Net::FTP is great for this.
Yes, this sounds like a good idea. I just had a quick search but it wasn't obvious to me how I do this- have you got any pointers? I currently have a perl script that simply prints the postscript to stdout from an I/O handle on the entity (actually a MIME:Entity from the MIME-tools package).

regards,

-ross