[hylafax-users] Windows/Hylafax

Been trying to set up a Windows XP machine (same results though with Windows 2000) to fax through HylaFax but am at the point that I'm ripping out my hair.

Just some background first. HylaFax is on a Debian (sarge) server. I can fax out no problem.

I have tried integrating either adiXein or just "Respond" and "printfax.pl" but regardless am still unable to send a fax that way.

What I have noticed by going through the logs is that the following error occurs on the Linux machine after providing "Respond" with the telephone number:

Jan 13 10:18:54 localhost printfax[12902]: /usr/bin/printfax.pl[12901]: Can't open `/var/spool/fax/outgoing/printfax.log': Permission denied

I noticed in the printfax.pl file there are commented-out instructions saying that samba must have access to the printfax.log file.

So I changed permissions to the file to 666 and then to the outgoing folder to 777, but still the same error. So I moved the log file to /var/log/samba/ just out of morbid curiosity, but still no luck.

Jan 13 10:30:58 localhost printfax[12983]: /usr/bin/printfax.pl[12982]: Can't open `/var/log/samba/printfax.log': Permission denied

I don't know if even this is the reason why it's not getting to the point of sending the fax or not. But it's the only error I have noticed.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Curtis