Re: [hylafax-users] multiport modem and user based grouping

Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to configure hylafax to use spesific modem to send fax and
base  this on username of the sender?

For example I have 8 modems attached with muliport pci card and I want
user X to send fax through fax#1 and user Y to send fax through fax#2 and
etc..

I want to set this up using email interface of hylafax (faxmail).

By the way which MultiPort PCI card do you advice me to use with FreeBSD 6.0?

There is more than one way to do this. I created a web-based interface on/to the fax server (PHP and Perl) so I could control who has access to both incoming and outgoing queues. For incoming, I regexp the log which gives me the interface the fax came in on. I define permissions for users to view faxes, and I only display faxes they have permission to view. For outgoing, I just build my command based on the results of a MySQL query of that user's account.

-- John Davis