[hylafax-users] Modems in two different countries, one server.

Hi,

I have an unusual problem and am looking for some help in setting it up.
I have two outgoing modems. One is in Israel, area code 07, the other
via the magic of VoIP is in the U.S. area code 215. To further complicate
things, I'm physicaly in Israeli area code 02.

I'm looking for a way for a single hylafax server to route the calls
to the correct modem with the correct dial rules so that someone who sends
a fax only needs to know the phone number they are sending it to and no
infrastructure details.

So far in order to keep them seperate, I have them each in a different
modem pool. I've set the dial rules to translate a seven digit phone number
into 02-<phone number> which will make a local number "work" if it is sent
to the "israel" modem pool.

To keep things simple, the "any" modem pool is the same as the "israel" one.

What I would like is two contradictory options. One is the ability for
calls made to modem pool "any" to select modems or  pools from the dial
rules. For example, 679-6666 should go to the modem pool israel along
with 0x-<seven digits>.

Numbers begining in 1, <three digit area code><seven digit number> should
go to modem pool U.S.

The other is that if I select a modem pool such as "israel" it converts
seven digit numbers to 02-xxxxxxx while modem pool "us" leaves them
alone.

I guess what I would like is the option for a seperate dial rules for
each modem pool, with the modem pool any, being reprocessed for the modem
pool assigned.

Examples:

	modem pool "israel" -> israeli dial rules -> call

	modem pool "us" -> us dial rules -> call

	modem pool "any" -> any dial rules to select modem pool -> proper dial
		rules -> call

Another posibility would be instead of dial rules, an "exit" aka API
that allowed me to write a perl or other program to select modem pool
and pre-process the phone number myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838