Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-announce] **ANNOUNCE** 4.2.5 release candidate now available

Darren Nickerson typed (on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 05:38:33PM -0500):

| The first release candidate of HylaFAX 4.2.5 is now available at:
|
|     ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/BETA/hylafax-4.2.5rc1.tar.gz
|
| The changes from 4.2.4 are few, but important:
|
| * Include crypt.h where necessary (BUG 722) (9 Jan 2005)
| * Fix eval sed in faxrcvd script (BUG 719) (9 Jan 2006)
| * Fix shell comments in nofity AWK script (BUG 719) (9 Jan 2006)
|
| We'd be grateful if as many people as possible could download, compile,
| install and test this as soon as possible so that we can make sure we don't
| issue another broken release. If no major problems are found, this will
| become an official 4.2.5 release late tomorrow, or early Wednesday.

I'm not seeing any of the problems I've been posting about for the last
few days.  Thanks!

OTOH, could some please rephrase the following comment in faxrcvd into
something I can understand?

	# The eval has $1 set yet, and this forces a variable-to-variable
	# assignment, allowing us to not need to do escaping

What does it mean for "the eval" (which particular eval would that be?)
to "have $1 set yet", and what is a "variable to variable assignment",
and how does one force it?

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==