From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lee Howard
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 9:25 PM
To: Arne Kepp
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] faxadduser segfaults with password on x86_64

Arne Kepp wrote:

> I have tested both 4.2.0 and 4.2.3 on a Gentoo box with 64 bit Xeons.
> Most of Hylafax appears to be working just fine, but there appears to
> be a problem with passwords. When I run faxadduser with -a or -p it
> just terminates with "Segmentation fault". I Installed Hylafax on an
> almost identical x86 machine and created the passwords there, then
> moved them over. Authentication fails (but no segfaults as far as I
> could see.) The libraries on both machines are the same, I'm not sure
> whether the hashes turn out differently on 32-bit architectures or
> whether the authentication mechanism is broken as well.

Someone else reported a very similar issue a week or two ago on this
mailing list (or maybe it was devel).  I don't remember them specifying
that they were x86_64, though.  It'd be nice to know if it is 64-bit
related.

faxadduser is a very small utility and should be relatively easy to debug.

> Alternatively, how do I delete faxes manually (those waiting to be
> sent)? If root can do it in an orderly fashion, then I'd be okay for a
> while.

The easy way is to just delete the associated sendq file.  Eventually
faxqclean should clean up the associated docq files if you don't want to
open the sendq file and delete them yourself.  I haven't tested this a
lot, and it could, conceivably, cause issues for faxq if the timing is
right.