Re: [hylafax-users] faxadduser segfaults with password on x86_64

Lee Howard wrote:
Someone else reported a very similar issue a week or two ago on this mailing list (or maybe it was devel). I don't remember them specifying that they were x86_64, though. It'd be nice to know if it is 64-bit related.

faxadduser is a very small utility and should be relatively easy to debug.

fprintf(hf, ":%s", crypt(adminword, salt_buff)); (roughly line 118) is where it segfaults if you use "-a something". Ff I comment out that line it works (except it doesn't do anything). crypt(adminword, salt_buff); works fine by itself, so that means that (f)printf is unable to deal with the result of crypt, which is supposed to be char * according to man -S 2:3 crypt on my machine.

Any idea where I should go next? I could also provide a Hylafax
developer with SSH access to an AMD64 machine with the relevant
libraries, though not the one I am currently working on.

-Arne