Re: [hylafax-users] faxadduser segfaults with password on x86_64

Lee Howard typed (on Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 01:27:23PM -0800):
| Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| >	faxadduser -a password 'root@.*jpr\.com'
| >

| This command may have used to work a few releases ago, but then a
| security issue caused us to redefine (or, rather, define the previously
| vaguely-defined) "username" field in the faxadduser command.  In doing
| this, then, the -h option was added.  So what I think you want to do is
| this:
|
|  faxadduser -a password -h '.*jpr\.com' root
|
| If you see any documentation to the contrary, let me know, as that
| documentation would be in error.

Well, what I see is that the faxaddmodem man page stinks, badly.
What is the username field anyhow?  Why would one ever use it?

And having run the command you suggest, and restarting the hfaxd daemon,
root still canNOT faxrm a job submitted by another user: "504 Cannot
kill job: Not privileged."

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==