Re: [hylafax-users] modem dedication

Am 2006.01.04 18:26 schrieb(en) moritz winterberg:
Hi,

I'm using CAPI modems (eicon diva server).
How can I dedicate single modems on my card to allow incoming fax
only.

Hello Moritz,

with capi4hylafax you must have symbolic links to the file config.faxCAPI(or copies or dummy files) according to the device names configured in this file.

Hylafax needs the links to know which "modems" are available.

c2faxrecv does not need the links and hylafax is not really involved in receiving a fax with CAPI.

I think a solution is to remove one of the symbolic links and restart Hylafax. This way you will have one device which will not be used for sending.

Bodo