Re: [hylafax-users] Problems debugging serial ports (internaland SIIG)

Apologies for the delayed response Mark.... please keep this topic 'in list'
so that everyone can benefit/comment.

I would suggest that you begin by changing the baudrate and any other serial
parameters that are different.  If this makes no difference then swap
modems, serial cables, and telco lines until you are absolutely sure that
the problem is with one particular port.

Once you 'know' the problems is with one particular port then look to see if
the serial interrupt is being shared with anything else that might give a
problem (by design the SIIG card will share interrupts on the card).  You
are looking for some tangible difference between the ports.

You might want to ask support whether the SIIG card is using the 'standard'
serial driver and in what mode (16550 or some other enhanced mode).  Is this
the same as the motherboard ?

You might want to try the latest HylaFAX version because changes in the
Class 1 driver will have modified the port timings.

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Support
USA +1 718 701 2422 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 436137
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com