Re: [hylafax-users] can HylaFax work under telephone operator ?

--- Lizard Computers Sales <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I have in my organization 50+ phone lines dedicated
> for faxs.
> Those 50+ lines connected to an operator that sends
> the faxes to 8
> modems + the line ID of the line that recived the
> fax (last 4 digits).
>
> What i wanted to know is does HylaFax can route
> faxes to e-mails using
> this line ID ?

If you route *all* the incomming fax to a single line,
you must look for a analog modem that supports DID
(Multitech has one) or look for a digital modem/card.
I assume that you are behind a PBX, and that means you
must be sure that the PBX pass to the
modem/card/whatever the destination number so hylafax
could route the fax acordingly. Cheers

Pedro

> If so, how do i do that?

You must read man faxrcvd and FaxDispatch