[hylafax-users] Hylafax faxd crash.

Hi guys,

I'm using hylafax 4.2.1 under AIX 5.2.

I had an issue with faxd yesterday - it crashed. Unfortunately I don't know C++ at all so I can't really chase down the problem, but I retrieved the call stack in case it is of any use to anyone... See below. I still have the core file in case someone who is familiar with the code wants me to suck out some further information.

$ dbx /usr/local/sbin/faxq
Type 'help' for help.
[using memory image in core]
reading symbolic information ...warning: no source compiled with -g

IOT/Abort trap in raise at 0xd01eef40
0xd01eef40 (raise+0x40) 80410014        lwz   r2,0x14(r1)
(dbx) where
raise(??) at 0xd01eef40
abort() at 0xd020f2c4
_fxassert[DS](??, ??, ??) at 0x10013c68
_ZN11faxQueueApp12runSchedulerEv[DS](??) at 0x10008d64
_ZN11faxQueueApp12SchedTimeout12timerExpiredEll(??, ??, ??) at 0x10000718
_ZN10TimerQueue6expireE7timeval(??, ??, ??) at 0x10017314
_ZN10Dispatcher6notifyEiR6fd_setS1_S1_[DS](??, ??, ??, ??, ??) at 0x10019360
_ZN10Dispatcher8dispatchEP7timeval[DS](??, ??) at 0x10018ae8
_ZN10Dispatcher8dispatchEv(??) at 0x100187d8
main(??, ??) at 0x1000d47c

One thing that concerned me though was that when I found the problem, I stopped hylafax (./hylafax stop) and started it up again (./hylafax start). I then ran faxmodem to  re-inform hylafax of my modems ( that's right - we're not running faxgetty). The problem is that jobs that were present prior to the crash were not acted on, they were stuck in the list - only new jobs were passed through to the modems.

I ended up having to remove the jobs and ask our users to re-send their data ( we can do this in our environment). This is a bad solution though, is there some way that I could have got those jobs going again ?

Any help appreciated with this..

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension  34193
External     (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.