[hylafax-users] regard -- Urgent - help

>Hi Tom.
>
>Can you tell us a bit about your setup ?  How are the lines
delivered to you
>?  Is the OCTO+ connected via a PABX or straight from the
telco ?

Straight from telcom

> Do any of
>the lines have supplementary services enabled (Call Waiting,
etc.) ?

I assumed they all have Call waiting.  I don't know.  I have
to check with the phone company.

> Which
>country are you in ?

U.S

>Do both send and receive fail on a 'bad' line ?

We are using these line for only receiving fax.  So we
did not test for outgoing fax.

>When you "moved the working phone line" did you just unplug
the RJ11
>connector from the OCTO+ and move it to a different  port on
the board ?

Yes, correct.

>Are you using identical RJ11 cables ?  The ones supplied
with the board ?

It is a 2 wire RJ11 cables.  Similar to the ones supplied
with the board.  Supplied cable are too short to use.

>Have you tried using minicom ?  What does the modem say if
you try
>ATDT<phonenumber> on a 'bad' line ?

We have not try to send out with the bad fax/modem line yet.
At this point I would agree the MainPine modem is not the
problem here.  All 8 ports had worked with the working line.
But will not work with other bad fax & modem lines.  But
these bad lines are currently working with other three fax
machines.  It's receiving data as I'm writting this email.

It looks like the telephone company is the problem.  However,
what might be different on those line? Would the software
features (call waiting..etc.) from the telco company effect
the modem line? Can someone sight some light on this.

Thanks,

Tom

>FYI, all ports on the OCTO+ have identical hardware....
Therefore, if the
>behaviour is different it will be the lines and/or
configuration.

>Regards
>
>ANDREW RINALDI
>Mainpine Support Manager
>USA +1 718 701 2422 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 436137
>andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com

they are working.

>Could it be the other phone line have different codec or
different ??? than
>the one that working?
>
>One thing to keep in mind is the other lines work fine on
different fax
>machines.
>
>It seems the MainPine modem interpreted the working line
different than
>other three non-working lines.  However, these three non-
working lines are
>working fine with our other
>fax machine.   Am I on the right track?
>
>Thanks much for you respond