[hylafax-users] faxrcvd and notify

Hello all,

I have a situation that maybe someone can help me solve.

I am setting up our new server and just finished installing HylaFax 4.2.2.  I can send and receive without a problem.  On our old system I had written a replacement script for faxrcvd so that faxes that HylaFax received would be added to our intranet's database.  That worked fine.  Now I am trying to get it to work on the new system and it isn't working.

The actual script is located at /intranet/serverscripts/fax/faxrcvd.php and so I originally edited the /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.ttyS0 to have FaxRcvdCmd: /intranet/serverscripts/fax/faxrcvd.php.  The script worked right when I called it from the command line but when I faxed a test document to the server, HylaFax didn't call the script.  After some research I found that the *Cmd options paths are relative to the spool directory so I created a symbolic link called /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd.php that pointed to the proper script.  I tested the script on the command line and it worked fine but when I sent a fax to the server, it didn't call the script again.

I have checked the syslog and see that it is calling the script:

Oct 19 11:43:20 server1 FaxGetty[3478]: RECV FAX: bin/faxrcvd.php "recvq/fax000000011.tif" "ttyS0" "000000016" ""

but for some reason the script isn't being executed by HylaFax.  The script's file permissions are:

-rwxrwxr-x  1 root apache 6.0K Oct 19 11:37 faxrcvd.php

I am not sure why the script isn't being called.  Can anyone suggest something for me to try?  Can I change the ServerTracing to something to see if an error is returned from the script?  Like I said, the faxrcvd.php works fine from command line.  The faxrcvd.php has #!/usr/local/bin/php at the top of the file so I don't need to specify the interpreter.

I am assuming that if I can get this to work, the NotifyCmd would be the same way to receive notice of faxes that have been sent (either successfully or requeued)?

Thanks for any help.

--
Untitled Document

Richard Morris