Re: [hylafax-users] error: Problem reading document directory

I'm still getting this "Problem reading document directory" error.

I have upgraded hylafax to 4.2.2, libtiff to 3.7.4, and ghostscript to ghostscript-7.05-32.1.10.

The command that is generating the file is:

Oct 10 12:09:06 colt FaxQueuer[11849]: JOB 2615 (active dest +18883455575 pri 127 tts 0:00 killtime 2:58:58): CONVERT DOCUMENT: bin/ps2fax -o docq/doc358.ps;c1 -r 196 -w 1728 -l 297 -m 4294967295 -U -3 docq/doc358.ps.2615

With those 3 upgraded in place, I'm not sure where to look next. I was thinking if I could get hylafax to leave the temporary .tif files, I could at least verify if they are being generated correctly or not...

Is this the best way to proceed, or any other suggestions?

Keith

Lee Howard wrote:

Keith Paulson wrote:

Since the problem appears (to me, anyways) to be in libtiff, or in libtiff's interaction with something, would upgrading libtiff to latest (3.7.4) be wise?

At a minimum I would suggest downgrading libtiff to the previous version that was used before the last "security update" that your distro did.

However, as HylaFAX 4.2.2 and later have some features which will require libtiff 3.7.2 and later, it may not be a bad idea to upgrade. (Don't let this scare you, though. All of the traditional HylaFAX features will still work in 4.2.2 with all libtiff versions before 3.7.2. It's just new stuff - namely JBIG and JPEG - that requires the new libtiff.)

Lee.

-- This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or attachments herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this email notifying the sender of the error.