Re: [hylafax-users] Faxes to some older faxes ( such as HP 1010 ) have all pages chopped at bottom by about 3 inches.

josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Any help with this appreciated. I am not sure whether it is an issue with hylafax, the class setting or the modems.

Hylafax version: 4.2.0
Redhat version: ES 3
Modem Version: DIGI INTERNATIONAL RAS modem 56000/V80006691_M2-K56_DS

Class setting for modems: 2

If you search the archives for Digi you'll find a lot of relevant material, but the bottom of the scoop is this...

The Digi fax drivers are buggy. They work better in Class 2/2.0 than they do in Class 1, but they're still buggy. I reported lots of problems both in Class 1 and in Class 2/2.0 to Digi, and they never really did get around to them. It seemed to me that their marketing and sales departments were excited about their equipment being used in fax, but their technical side was less motivated or had their hands tied somehow.

That said, Digi pretty much has abandoned this product altogether, anyway. There were three distinct but similar products in this product line: the AccelePort (serial expansion card), the AccelePort RAS (56K modems), and the DataFire RAS (T1/E1 digital modems). All of these products use the same driver (well, at least the last two, the RAS ones, do). The DataFire line was sold to Patton and that product has become the Patton 2977. Patton has done a better job about supporting that product than Digi did, and they did manage to fix most of the issues with the driver and firmware such that its Class 1 support is quite usable and they added Class 2.1 support also.