Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and zoom modem problem

Iulian Surugiu wrote:

Hi,

I got a 3049C, a V.92/V.90 Faxmodem connected to the
ttyS0. Hylafax is setup ok but i get this after a ATDT
and hylafax throws out error, my guess is that it
doesn`t knows how to treat it.

OK
ATDT,,,16786230795,,,
MESSAGE-WAITING

After the message waiting i get the no power error.
The modem is running ok when i try with minicom but
with hylafax it dies.

Any ideeas?

Add/change this in your modem config file:

ModemDialCmd: ATX3DT%s

See if that helps.

If not, then you'll either need to contact Zoom to find out how to disable that message-waiting indicator (voice messaging with a voice waiting on that line), or we'll need to patch HylaFAX to ignore the MESSAGE-WAITING as noise.