Re: [hylafax-users] Half page problem, possible training issue

Dan Rowe wrote:

One Monday mornings we send out 700-800 faxes

Only one faxmachine on the receiving end has problems. It's an IntelliFax
4100.

Attached is the Log file of a half page transaction.
Here is the completed email I get that says the fax went fine.

Pages: 1
Receiver: {phonenumber}
Quality: Normal
Page Width: 215 (mm)
Page Length: 279 (mm)
Signal Rate: 2400 bit/s
Data Format: 2-D MMR
Remote Equipment: Brother
Remote Station: Submitted From: localhost
JobID: 11102
GroupID: 11102
CommID: c000002176
Processing time was 2:12.

Thanks for any help, info.

It's very difficult to say why this receiver would only succeed in training at 2400 baud. If I were to speculate, I'd say that the receiver's fax machine is configured that way (like there is a setting or something where they can turn down the accepted baud rates).

The log doesn't indicate enough noise to justify so many training failures, and the log doesn't indicate that there are particular modulator incompatibilities, either. So it would pretty much seem that the receiver either has some bug or some feature that is causing this to happen.

But, like I said, it's very difficult to say.