Re: [hylafax-users] DID reporting

No, I'm not saying that. Yes, you can receive as much call identification as you like... in current CVS.

In 4.2.1 you are limited to CIDName and CIDNumber, and if you wish to define one to be DID and the other to Caller*ID Number, then that's fine, but you can't get Caller*ID Name, Caller*ID Number, *and* DID in 4.2.1.

As you're using Asterisk, probably connected to a channel bank or an ATA your "DID" is probably coming in as shielded DTMF signals from the PBX before the call is put through after the modem goes off-hook.

So in current CVS (to become 4.2.2) you will do this in your modem config file:

 RingsBeforeAnswer: 0
 ModemRingResponse: AT+FCLASS=8;H1
 ModemRingsBeforeResponse: 2
 CallIDPattern: "NAME="
 CallIDPattern: "NMBR="
 CallIDPattern: SHIELDED_DTMF
 CallIDAnswerLength: 4
 ModemAnswerCmd:  <delay:100>AT+FCLASS=1;A

That assumes that the length of the DID signal coming from the PBX is 4. If it is different, then adjust CallIDAnswerLength (which must come directly after "CallIDPattern: SHIELDED_DTMF") accordingly.

Lee.

OK, i think i have narrowed the problem down to the fact that Asterisk may not be sending the DTMF digits. I tried the SendDTMF function but that sends it to my SIP phone (at least when i am using that for testing). Anyone know how to fix this?

-Mark