Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX on Fedora Core 2 can't receive

Trevor Jenkins wrote:

I'm hitting my head against a brick wall after installing HylaFAX 4.2.1 because if receiving faxes nothing happens. Well okay the modem's AA light flashes a couple of times but that's it. The remote fax sender (part of the tpc.int network reports "no answer from remote"). I've obviously made a simple error somewhere ... but where?

Currently installed on a Linux machine using Fedora Core 2 (with all patches installed) will be upgraded to FC4 once I figure out how to configure HylaFAX correctly.

Hylafax 4.2.1 installed from RPM on Hylafax server. Have run the config script and given what I believe to the correct answers. Though some of the questions seem bizarrely worded so it is hard to know whether what I entered was actually sensible. faxgetty is listening on /dev/modem (actually /dev/ttyS0 which is what /dev/modem resolves to) and initab updated so it respawns faxgetty in runlevels 2,3,4,5

What is RingsBeforeAnswer in your modem config file set to?