From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Ratering
Sent: 29 June 2005 20:52
To: Lee Howard
Cc: HylaFax Users
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] No dialtone with my new Rockforce modem.

Lee Howard wrote:

Mark Ratering wrote:

I have this Rockforce Duo+ all set up and i can minicom into it. When i type ath1 and look at the asterisk console i can see that it came off hook. When i hook it up to hylafax however, it says there is no dial tone. When i look at the asterisk log, it says that it never came off hook. Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

How, exactly, are you connecting the RockForce and Asterisk? Through an ATA?

Not sure what ATA stands for.  It is a digium card that is connected to an
adtran channel bank.

I found the problem. The lines were switched the modem that Hylafax was sending to was disconnected. Sorry for the false alarm.