Re: [hylafax-users] how to send coverpage support chinese

jhxue wrote:

hi, all,

I use hylafax 4.2.1 and readhat linux .When I send my fax with coverpage and
fill field (eg. From) use Chinese value.Receiver can only see some strange
character.Can anyone provide any guidance on this one ?

thanks a lot,

jinhua xue

This isn't really a HylaFAX issue. Its a Ghostscript issue. Your Ghostscript probably isn't set up to handle Chinese properly. It doesn't require any additional software, but it does require fonts properly configured. It is a long time since I set this up, and I can't remember what is involved. Look at the Ghostscript documentation. If you get your machine to the point where Ghostscript handles a Chinese document OK, I think your cover pages will work.

Regards,
Steve