Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax loses modems

Hello everybody,

I am glad to say that I have probably found the cause of faxes getting stuck because of modems that cannot be used after some time of operation of Hylafax.

When the problem occurs there are lockfiles present in the /var/lock/ dir for the modems that refuse to send faxes. These lockfiles are older than the normal lockfiles of modems that are actually used at that moment. A reasonable workaround would thus be to delete old lockfiles. I tried this and it worked. I hope this can be helpful to someone. I still do not have a clue why the modems remain locked, anyone?

Thanks,
Jitse

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions