Re: [hylafax-users] FCS error

Hello Lee and others,

With programmers I actually meant us not you nor anybody else on the list. I'm sorry if I offended you. I just tried to say that from a technical angle it may be logical that there are compatibility issues with for example Panasonic faxes and our faxmodems as I've read here and there on this list. I understand that of course, it's just not practical. The fact of a matter still is that for some destinations AT+FRH=3 causes problems, whether it be because of our type of modem or our pbx (we had less problems when we were working without a pbx). Of course our solution to fax with -1 and -E is not a bugfix but a workaround, but .. only in this configuration we have the least problems and for us this solution is acceptable. There remain however some destinations that have the FCS error, thus finding a way to ignore this error for *these destinations only* would solve our immediate problems. We know that ERROR for these destinations in 99% of the cases means "fax arrived". The other 1% we'll take for granted.

You are right: a real solution would be preferable but letting AT+FRH=3 return an OK would be sufficient in our case. Another option for us would be to limit the fax-attempts to only one and then read out the error from notify. In any event we will look a HYLAFAX CVS HEAD, thanks for the hint.

Jitse