Re: [hylafax-users] fax tomail gateway with postifx

Hi Group,
Hi Giulio,

I think I've got it solved.
In the FAQ from postfix.org  (http://www.postfix.org/faq.php#fax) there
is a small mistake.

faxmail is not in /usr/bin but in usr/local/bin and I changed
    /etc/postfix/master.cf:
fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1   pipe flags= user=fax
argv=/usr/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}

    /etc/postfix/master.cf:
fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
  user=fax flags= argv=/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}

I think this mistake should also be found on the hylafax website.

Now I got one small problem left, German Umlaute (äüößÄÖÜ).  When I send
a fax containing these umlauts, there simply left out. Grüße is being
faxed as Gr  e

And I had to learn, if I send an pdf as attachment it will not be faxed.

I've not yet found a way to do this. Is there a way? Or will I've to set
up a samba with cups and use a faxprinter?

Thanks,

Georg