Re: [hylafax-users] hdlc errors

Lee Howard wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2005, Robert Haas wrote:
Well, I upgraded to CVS head, and I'm still having some problems. A sample may be found below. I'm really suspicious about this line:

May 04 11:12:42.71: [11974]: --> [8:CONNECCT]
Yep. Something in that modem or serial connection to the modem is seriously ill.

HylaFAX does not recognize CONNECCT as CONNECT, and thus the problem occurs. If the stuttering is caused by the serial connection, then simply teaching HylaFAX to understand the stuttering will be to no avail, as other data will also be corrupted.

I tried replacing the serial cable and that didn't fix the problem, so I think I need a new modem. I've browsed the web site for information on what to buy, but all of the information there appears to be several years old. Any recommendations on what to buy/avoid today?

...Robert