[hylafax-users] Modem Wedged

Hi All,

I'm having troubles with a 'Devolo Microlink 56k i' becoming wedged quite often.
The modem is working in Class1 with this configuration:

ModemType:     Class1      # use this to supply a hint
ModemResetCmds:      AT&F     # stuff to do when modem is reset
Class1Cmd:     AT+FCLASS=1 # command to enter class 1
Class1PPMWaitCmd:    "<delay\0727>" # \072 == :  to avoid awk problem
Class1TCFWaitCmd:    "<delay\0727>"
Class1EOPWaitCmd:    "<delay\0729>"
Class1SwitchingCmd:  "<delay\0727>" # assumption: +FRS not supported

Class1MsgRecvHackCmd:   "" # command to avoid +FCERROR before image
Class1TCFResponseDelay: 75    # 75ms delay between recv TCF & response
Class1SendMsgDelay:  200      # 75ms delay after training
Class1TrainingRecovery: 1500     # 1.5sec delay after training failure
Class1RecvAbortOK:   200      # wait 200ms for abort response
Class1FrameOverhead: 4     # 4 byte overhead in recvd HDLC frames
Class1RecvIdentTimer:   40000    # 35+5secs waiting for ident frames
Class1TCFMaxNonZero: 10    # max 10% of data may be non-zero
Class1TCFMinRun:  1000     # min run is 2/3rds of TCF dur

Using the modem in class2/2.0 seems to avoid the wedgings(?) but the fax transmission is not as reliable as in class1.

I tried to access the modem while it was wedged using minicom, but it was completely unresponsive to AT commands. I had to power cycle it.

I also wrote to Devolo support that told me that this shouldn't happen because of the modem integrated watchdog!

So what else should I try?

Thank you,
Bye.
--