[hylafax-users] modem capabilities string

Hello all,

some users reported a problem where capi4hylafax sent only the header line without the actual page, which can be solved with setting
Use2D: no.

In a German mailing list someone assumed that capi4hylafax might report wrong capabilities. I tried to verify this.

My syslog shows
MODEM faxCAPI: READY, capabilities P3ffdffff:ff

This is a hard-coded string "P3ffdffff:ff" in capi4hylafax.

With the help of the Hylafax source code I decoded this into

vertical resolution (vr)           -> all resolutions
bit rate (br)                      -> all bit rates from 2400 to 14400
page width (wd)                    -> 1728, 1028, 1432 and 864 pixels,
                                     but not 1216 pixels
page length (ln)                   -> A4, B4, infinite
data format (df)                   -> 1DMH, 2DMR, 2DMRUNCOMP 2DMMR
error correction protocol (ec)     -> DISABLE, ENABLE64
binary file transfer protocol (bf) -> DISABLE, ENABLE
minimum scanline time (st)         -> none?

According to a README in the capi4hylafax source code c2faxsend supports TIFF files class F, FAX G3, 1 Dim-Huffmann encoding.

I assume the capability value should have 0001 (only 1DMH) for the encoding instead of 1111 (all data formats), that means the capability string should be "P3c7dffff:ff"

Do you think that's the right solution?

Bodo