Re: [hylafax-users] MODEM WEDGED error - Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-U firmware 1.32i

Luciano Mazaira wrote:

Hello,
We have an Hylafax installed sending and receiving over 40 faxes per day, over one single modem line.
Our problem is that every 15 days more or less the system enters the state WEDGED, and gives up sending and receiving faxes.
When we reboot the server machine , the system boots running well.
We don't know neither why this situation happens, nor how to correct it.
Does someone know how to solve it?

See this thread:

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2005-03/msg00030.php

A way to recover the system automaticaly when it enters the wedged state would be OK for us.

See 'man wedged' in HylaFAX 4.2.1 for the "resetmodem" script option. If you really are tolerant of this, then you could just have that script reboot the server for you.