Re: [hylafax-users] Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier

Lee Howard wrote:
On 2005.02.03 12:58 John Kosta wrote:

All,

I am sorry to post this problem to the list. I am getting the error "Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier" with a just purchased Multitech MT5600ZDXV after also receiving the error with a

-- Lots of great information snipped --

--> CONNECT

So, anyway, if your line tests and fixes that way don't result in any improvements, let me know, and we'll try to see how we can better work the matter.

Lee.

All,

I just wanted to follow up on this thread and thank Lee and everyone else for their help, advise and technical information.

We have finally completed our line tests and are now faxing with an extremely high success rate.

It turns out our fax lines are going through our PBX. Our phone vendor came out and "realigned the T1 to the PRI." That was done several days ago, and we have not had a single bad fax since then, in 300+. So, I don't know if that really even means anything :), but whatever they did, Hylafax is cranking.

--John