Re: [hylafax-users] Is DID required for this application?

Lee

Thank you for taking the time to explain your solution to me, this stuff is
interesting, and I am having fun learning more about it.  I am new to faxes
and to linux so it is entirely possible that I have something setup
incorrectly.

Originally, yes, the sending Multitech was being fed an analog line from the
phone switch.

To test, I commented any of the lines out of my ttyS2 conf, and restarted
the faxgetty process.  I also ran a pots line that does not pass through the
PBX at any point directly to ttyS1.

I ran 'sendfax -h ttyS1@ -B 14400 -d 6152424 /etc/passwd' which resulted in
HDLC errors and some "Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier."
messages.

I ran 'sendfax -h ttyS1@ -d 6152424 /etc/passwd' which resulted in a clean
transmission/receipt.

So, what do you think?